Antibodies to Nup153 - FocusOn 032
Introduction: Transportin 1 (TRN1) acts as the import receptor for shuttling hnRNP proteins with an M9 nuclear localization sequence (NLS). Searching for proteins that interact with TRN1 a short region within the N-terminus of the nucleoporin Nup153 which binds TRN1 was indentified.
Nup153 is located at the nucleoplasmic face of the nuclear pore complex (NPC), in the distal basket structure, and functions in mRNA export. It was shown that this Nup153 TRN1-interacting region is an M9 NLS. Both import and export receptors interact with several regions of Nup153, in a RanGTP-regulated fashion. RanGTP dissociates Nup153-import receptor complexes, but is required for Nup153-export receptor interactions. Nup153 is a RanGDP-binding protein, and the interaction is mediated by the zinc finger region of Nup153. This represents a novel Ran-binding domain, which was termed the zinc finger Ran-binding motif. Nup153 shuttles between the nuclear and cytoplasmic faces of the NPC. The presence of an M9 shuttling domain in Nup153, together with its ability to move within the NPC and to interact with export receptors, suggests that this nucleoporin is a mobile component of the pore which carries export cargos towards the cytoplasm.
Antibody Tools for the Detection of Nup153
Acris Antibodies offers a monoclonal and two polyclonal antibodies to Nup153. These antibodies can be used for immunofluorescence / immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, immunoblotting & immunoprecipitation.
Confocal microscope analysis of Nup153, lamin B3 and F/GXFG nucleoporin distribution in sperm pronuclei
- S. Nakielny et al. Nup153 is an M9-containing mobile nucleoporin with a novel Ran-binding domain. The EMBO Journal (1999) 18, 1982–1995
- C: Smythe et al. Incorporation of the nuclear pore basket protein Nup153 into nuclear pore structures is dependent upon lamina assembly: evidence from cell-free extracts of Xenopus eggs The EMBO Journal (2000) 19, 3918–3931
- K. S. Ullman et al. The Nucleoporin Nup153 plays a critical role in multiple types of nuclear export Mol Biol Cell. 1999 March; 10 (3): 649–664
- Cordes VC, Reidenbach S, Köhler A, Stuurmann N, van Driel R, Franke WW: Intranuclear filaments containing a nuclear pore complex protein. J Cell Biol 123, 1333-1344 (1993).
- Cordes VC, Gajewski A, Stumpp S, Krohne G: Immunocytochemistry of annulate lamellae: potential cell biological markers for studies of cell differentiation and pathology. Differentiation 58, 307-312 (1995).
- Cordes VC, Reidenbach S, Franke WW: Cytoplasmic annulate lamellae in cultured cells: composition, distribution, and mitotic behavior. Cell Tissue Res 284, 177-191 (1996).
- Hase ME, Cordes VC: Direct interaction with nup153 mediates binding of tpr to the periphery of the nuclear pore complex. Mol Biol Cell 14, 1923-1940 (2003).
0.4 ml / €370.00
|Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|+1 additional image|
|Mouse||IgG1||nup7A8||Supernatant||Amph, Hu, Ms, Rt, Xen||C, ICC/IF, IP, WB||
5 ml / €290.00
|Acris Antibodies GmbH|