Properties for BSA Removal Kit
|Product Category||Labeling Kits & Reagents|
|Reaction||1 ml Kit|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Add. information||* This buffer may contain precipitated material. In the event of this happening simply warm the buffer to re-dissolve contents.|
|Background||Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) is often added to purified antibodies as it is an effective stabilizer. However, when labeling antibodies, the BSA becomes a hindrance, as it directly competes with the antibody to attach to the label, greatly reducing the conjugation efficiency. Therefore, prior to undertaking labeling techniques, it is essential to remove the BSA.
Common commercial BSA removal techniques can involve many laborious steps. The BSA Removal Kit is a simple 1 step, 10 minute method which effectively separates the BSA from the antibody and the BSA Removal Kit can be used on any antibody sub-type or species.
|Protocols||Removal of BSA
1. For every 100μl of antibody to be treated, add 80μl of the BSA Removal Buffer directly to the antibody solution.
2. Mix and incubate for 5 minutes at room temperature.
3. Spin the sample in a microfuge, at a recommended maximum speed of 13,000g for 5 minutes, until a pellet is formed**
Note: **Required spin time will vary depending on buffer composition and speed.
4. Remove the supernatant. The supernatant can be kept on ice until a positive outcome is confirmed.
5. Re-suspend the pellet using the Re-suspension buffer provided, or another buffer suitable for the labeling process.
Antibody/ BSA concentration: The BSA Removal Kit can separate BSA from antibody solutions with antibody concentrations from 0.03mg/ml to 10mg/ml. Separation is more efficient at higher antibody concentrations. BSA can be effectively separated when present at concentrations of up to 0.5%. If BSA is present at higher concentrations, dilute the antibody mix with de-ionised, distilled water until BSA concentration is 0.5% or less.
Buffer composition: Buffers such as MES, Tris and PBS are compatible with the kit and common non-buffering salts (e.g. NaCl) have no adverse effect on the separation. Glycerol up to 20% has no effect.
The BSA Removal kit is effective with buffers between pH 6.0 and pH 8.0. If the buffer is outside the suggested pH range, please contact the Technical Support Team.
|Storage||This kit is shipped at ambient temperature.
Upon receipt, store kit at ambient temperature.
Shelf life: one year from despatch.