Product Description for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-2 (GHRP-2)
Properties for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-2 (GHRP-2)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Molecular weight||747 Da|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
(c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
|Add. information||Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm.
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of GHRP-2 as a Reference Standard.
|Background||GH-releasing peptides (GHRPs) are synthetic peptides that like GHRH act directly on pituitary somatotrophs to stimulate GH release. GHRP-2, an investigational drug, is one of the most potent members of the GHRP family. It has been shown to be effective in adults via the oral and intranasal as well as the iv route of administration.|
|General Readings||1. Tissue deiodinase activity during prolonged critical illness: effects of exogenous thyrotropin-releasing hormone and its combination with growth hormone-releasing peptide-2. Endocrinology 2005 Dec;146(12):5604-11.
2. Effects of long-term treatment with growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 in the GHRH knockout mouse.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2005 Nov;289(5):E762-7.
3. Growth hormone releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2), like ghrelin, increases food intake in healthy men.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2005 Feb;90(2):611-4.
4. Anti-inflammatory effect of the ghrelin agonist growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) in arthritic rats.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2005 Mar;288(3):E486-92.
5. Pralmorelin: GHRP 2, GPA 748, growth hormone-releasing peptide 2, KP-102 D, KP-102 LN, KP-102D, KP-102LN.
Drugs R D 2004;5(4):236-9.
6. Growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 reduces inward rectifying K+ currents via a PKA-cAMP-mediated signalling pathway in ovine somatotropes.
J Physiol 2002 Dec 1;545(Pt 2):421-33.
|Storage||Lyophilized GHRP-2 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -20°C.
Upon reconstitution GHRP-2 should be stored at 2-8°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -20°C.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
Shelf life: One year from despatch.