Product Description for Interleukin-6 (IL-6)
Properties for Interleukin-6 (IL-6)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Synonyms||BSF-2, BSF2, CDF, HGF, HSF, IFNB2, IL6, Interferon beta-2, Interleukin 6, MGI-2A|
|Molecular weight||21 kDa|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % Greater than 97.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
|Add. information||Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.47 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of IL-6 as a reference standard.
|Background||Cytokines of the IL6/GCSF/MGF family are glycoproteins of about 170 to 180 amino acid residues that contains four conserved cysteine residues involved in two disulphide bonds.They have a compact, globular fold (similar to other interleukins), stabilised by the 2 disulphide bonds. One half of the structure is dominated by a 4 alpha-helix bundle with a left-handed twist: the helices are anti-parallel, with 2 overhand connections, which fall into a 2-stranded anti-parallel beta-sheet. The fourth alpha-helix is important to the biological activity of the molecule .
Interleukin (IL)-6 is an important proinflammatory and immunoregulatory cytokine expressed by various cells. Interleukin-6 has been shown to inhibit the growth of early stage and to promote the proliferation of advanced stage melanoma cells in vitro.
|General Readings||1. Production of soluble human interleukin-6 in cytoplasm by fed-batch culture of recombinant E. coli. Biotechnol Prog 2005 Mar-Apr;21(2):524-31
2. Recombinant human interleukin-6 infusion during low-intensity exercise does not enhance whole body lipolysis or fat oxidation in humans.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2005 Jul;289(1):E2-7
3. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-encoded viral interleukin-6 is secreted and modified differently than human interleukin-6: evidence for a unique autocrine signaling mechanism. J Biol Chem 2004 Dec 10;279(50):51793-803
4. Two novel somatic mutations in the human interleukin 6 promoter region in a patient with sporadic breast cancer. Eur J Immunogenet 2003 Dec;30(6):397-400
5. Cellular cholesterol depletion triggers shedding of the human interleukin-6 receptor by ADAM10 and ADAM17 (TACE). J Biol Chem 2003 Oct 3;278(40):38829-39
6. Effect of in situ expression of human interleukin-6 on antibody responses against Salmonella typhimurium antigens. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 2003 Jul 15;37(2-3):135-45
|Storage||Lyophilized rHuIL-6 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C.
Upon reconstitution rHuIL-6 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
Shelf life: one year from despatch.