Product Description for Interleukin-7 (IL-7)
Properties for Interleukin-7 (IL-7)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Molecular weight||17 kDa|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
|Add. information||Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.418 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of IL-7 as a Reference Standard.
|Background||IL-7 is a cytokine important for B and T cell development. This cytokine and the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) form a heterodimer that functions as a pre-pro-B cell growth-stimulating factor. This cytokine is found to be a cofactor for V(D)J rearrangement of the T cell receptor beta (TCRB) during early T cell development. This cytokine can be produced locally by intestinal epithelial and epithelial goblet cells, and may serve as a regulatory factor for intestinal mucosal lymphocytes. Knockout studies in mice suggested that this cytokine plays an essential role in lymphoid cell survival.|
|General Readings||1. A three-base-deletion polymorphism in the upstream non-coding region of human interleukin 7 (IL-7) gene could enhance levels of IL-7 expression. Int J Immunogenet 2007 Apr;34(2):107-13
2. Effects of human interleukin 7 on HIV-1 replication in monocyte-derived human macrophages. AIDS 2006 Apr 4;20(6):937-9
3. Disulfide bond assignment in human interleukin-7 by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectroscopy and site-directed cysteine to serine mutational analysis. J Biol Chem 1997 Dec 26;272(52):32995-3000
4. Homology modeling study of the human interleukin-7 receptor complex. Protein Eng 1996 Dec;9(12):1135-42
5. Quantitative and cell-cycle differences in progenitor cells mobilized by recombinant human interleukin-7 and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.
Blood 1996 Dec 1;88(11):4139-48
6. Prediction of the three-dimensional structure of human interleukin-7 by homology modeling. Protein Eng 1996 Jun;9(6):493-8
|Storage||Lyophilized Interleukin-7 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution IL7 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.|