Product Description for Macrophage Chemotactic Protein-1 (MCP-1) (MCAF)
Properties for Macrophage Chemotactic Protein-1 (MCP-1) (MCAF)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Molecular weight||14 kDa|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 95 % Greater than 95.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
(c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained.
|Add. information||Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm .
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a calibrated solution of Rat MCP-1 as a Reference Standard.
|General Readings||1. Mitomycin C upregulates IL-8 and MCP-1 chemokine expression via mitogen-activated protein kinases in corneal fibroblasts. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2007 May;48(5):2009-16
2. Elevated ICAM-1 and MCP-1 plasma levels in subjects at high cardiovascular risk are diminished by atorvastatin treatment. Atorvastatin on Inflammatory Markers study: a substudy of Achieve Cholesterol Targets Fast with Atorvastatin Stratified Titration. Am Heart J 2007 May;153(5):881-8
3. Inhibition of migration of monocytes and granulocytes in vivo by the peptide corresponding to sequence 65-76 of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1).
Dokl Biochem Biophys 2006 Nov-Dec;411:339-41
4. Elevated white blood cell count, CRP and fibrinogen levels are not associated with increased anti-endothelial and anti-ox-LDL antibody, MCP-1, and RANTES levels in early onset occlusive carotid artery disease. Cytokine 2007 Jan;37(1):44-50
5. Coxiella burnetii stimulates production of RANTES and MCP-1 by mononuc lear cells: modulation by adhesion to endothelial cells and its implication in Q fever. Eur Cytokine Netw 2006 Dec;17(4):253-9
6. Changes in serum and ascitic monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) and IL-10 levels in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. J Interferon Cytokine Res 2007 Mar;27(3):227-30
|Storage||Recombinant Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18 C. Upon reconstitution Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 should be stored at 4 C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18 C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.|