Product Description for Octreotide
Properties for Octreotide
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % pure as determined by RP-HPLC|
|Background||Octreotide acetate is a longer acting synthetic octapeptide analog of naturally occurring somatostatin. It inhibits the secretion of gastro-entero-pancreatic peptide hormones and the release of growth hormone.|
|General Readings||1. The role of octreotide versus placebo in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis.
Hepatogastroenterology 2007 Jan-Feb;54(73):250-3
2. Octreotide for esophageal variceal bleeding treated with endoscopic sclerotherapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Hepatogastroenterology 2007 Jan-Feb;54(73):195-200
3. 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in neuroendocrine tumors: comparison with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy and CT. J Nucl Med 2007 Apr;48(4):508-18
4. Octreotide inhibits hepatic cystogenesis in a rodent model of polycystic liver disease by reducing cholangiocyte adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate. Gastroenterology 2007 Mar;132(3):1104-16
5. Administration of octreotide for management of postoperative high-flow chylothorax. Ann Vasc Surg 2007 Jan;21(1):90-2
6. Octreotide LAR for severe obscure-overt gastrointestinal haemorrhage in high-risk patients on anticoagulation therapy. Gut 2007 Mar;56(3):447
|Storage||Lyophilized Octreotide although stable at room temperature, should be stored desiccated below 0°C.
Reconstituted Octreotide is best stored refrigerated at 4°C.
Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.