Product Description for Stem Cell Factor (SCF)
Properties for Stem Cell Factor (SCF)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Molecular weight||18 kDa|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % is greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
(c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE silver stained gel.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng/µg (IEU/µg) of SCF. Dimers/aggregates: less than 1%
|General Readings||1. Neuroprotection by stem cell factor in rat cortical neurons involves AKT and NFkappaB. J Neurochem 2005 Oct;95(1):9-19
2. Quantification of stem cell factor mRNA levels in the rat testis: usefulness of clusterin mRNA as a marker of the amount of mRNA of Sertoli cell origin in post pubertal rats. J Endocrinol 2005 Jul;186(1):131-43
3. Activation of Akt (PKB) and suppression of FKHRL1 in mouse and rat oocytes by stem cell factor during follicular activation and development. Dev Biol 2005 May 15;281(2):160-70
4. Ghrelin inhibits the proliferative activity of immature Leydig cells in vivo and regulates stem cell factor messenger ribonucleic acid expression in rat testis.
Endocrinology 2004 Nov;145(11):4825-34
5. Survivin expression in rat testis is upregulated by stem-cell factor.
Mol Cell Endocrinol 2004 Apr 15;218(1-2):165-74
6. Stem cell factor and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate luteinizing hormone-independent differentiation of rat ovarian
|Storage||Lyophilized Rat SCF, although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution recombinant SCF should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|