Product Description for Stromal Cell Derived Factor-1 alpha (SDF-1 alpha)
Properties for Stromal Cell Derived Factor-1 alpha (SDF-1 alpha)
|Product Category||Proteins & Growth Factors|
|Synonyms||CXCL12, SDF1 alpha|
|Molecular weight||8 kDa|
|PDF datasheet||View Datasheet|
|Manufacturer||Acris Antibodies GmbH|
|Material safety datasheet||MSDS for Proteins (de)|
|Purity||> 98 % Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.
|Add. information||Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 1.06 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1 mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of SDF-1 as a Reference Standard.
|General Readings||1. The chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12 modulates the firing pattern of vasopressin neurons and counteracts induced vasopressin release through CXCR4.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006 May 23;103(21):8221-6
2. Cytokine-mediated deployment of SDF-1 induces revascularization through recruitment of CXCR4+ hemangiocytes. Nat Med 2006 May;12(5):557-67
3. Caveolin plays a central role in endothelial progenitor cell mobilization and homing in SDF-1-driven postischemic vasculogenesis. Circ Res 2006 May 12;98(9):1219-27
4. Localisation of SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4 in retina and choroid of aged human eyes and in eyes with age related macular degeneration. Br J Ophthalmol 2006 Jul;90(7):906-10
5. [Effects of CCR5-delta32, CCR2-64I and SDF-1-3'A polymorphic alleles on human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection in the Polish population]
Wiad Lek 2005;58(9-10):500-7
6. HSulf-2, an extracellular endoglucosamine-6-sulfatase, selectively mobilizes heparin-bound growth factors and chemokines: effects on VEGF, FGF-1, and SDF-1.
BMC Biochem 2006 Jan
|Storage||Lyophilized rHuSDF-1α although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C.
Upon reconstitution rHuSDF-1α should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: one year from despatch.